What is Ignition?
Ignition is an intensive, one week entrepreneurial training program for aspiring entrepreneurs, academics and corporate innovators to trial and then prepare high growth business ideas for the commercial environment.
Ignition is based on the Ignite program from the University of Cambridge and is comprised of a blend of practical teaching sessions, expert clinics, mentoring and support from leading entrepreneurs and innovators. It will give you the tools, contacts and confidence to transform your idea into a successful business venture.
Ignition 2019 will run from Sunday 25 to Friday 30 August 2019.
Who is it for?
The Program is aimed at founders of an early stage business and anyone with an idea for a new or improved product or service. You must have a passion for developing your idea into a real business proposition over one week. Any industry or background is applicable.
You might be:
- Thinking of starting a novel business;
- Currently employed or at home and looking to propel your idea;
- Student, graduate or academic considering your own venture;
- Owner, founder or senior manager of an existing business considering diversification of products and markets, or a new venture.
If you are interested in finding out more, consider attending one of our information sessions:
In order to maximise your investment, be prepared to commit one week to this intensive and results focused program.
The subsidised cost of the program in 2019 is $3250 (GST inclusive)
Your fee includes all materials, mentoring, networking sessions, buffet lunches, drinks and the final celebration dinner.
What will you learn?
By the end of the week, you will have a business plan presentation and a clear way forward for your business idea.
You will also have:
- Learned how to explain your business opportunity in commercial terms;
- Learned a commercial approach in the development of innovative ideas;
- Learned how to identify good opportunities in a short period with minimal investment;
- Clarified your business idea, and tested it within a high calibre and safe environment;
- Had a great week of thinking time to accelerate your ideas.
What will you gain?
You will gain the inspiration, motivation and the tools required to commercialise your idea/innovation.
You will also:
- Develop key skills, to allow you to exploit new ideas in response to customer needs more effectively;
- Make a significant network of contacts within the business community, the investor network and your peers on the program;
- Increase your enthusiasm for your innovation, and gain the confidence to plan your next steps.
“Ignition really was the turning point in my business. The networks that I managed to create and the confidence that the course gave me to steer my business in the right direction was invaluable!
Within 3 months I’ve successfully raised investment from 2 sets of angel investors. There is no way I would have been prepared to pitch and demonstrate the potential of my business to the investors had I not attended the Ignition program!”
Marc Berryman – Rhinohide™, Ignition 2015
How to succeed as an entrepreneur
Just completed Ignition – possibly the best week I’ve spent on my business, ever. Not only was the content extraordinary and the quality of the professionals involved absolutely outstanding, the whole week was a masterclass in how to coordinate a learning experience for maximum impact. Well done Team Curtin!
Lacey Filipich - Founder and Director, Money School, Ignition alumni 2018
Applications for Ignition 2019 will open on Thursday 16 May.
Attend an information session:
Join our mailing list:
Alternatively, you can sign up to our mailing list if you would like updates on applying for Ignition 2019.
If you would like further information about the Ignition program, fill out the form below to go on our mailing list for updates. If you would like to find out more information in person, consider attending one of our information sessions.
Personal information collected is handled in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. Further information on privacy at Curtin University is available on the Curtin University privacy web page.