What is Ignition?
Curtin Ignition is an intensive training program for aspiring entrepreneurs, academics and corporate innovators to trial and then prepare business ideas for the commercial environment.
Ignition comprises of practical teaching sessions, expert clinics, mentor sessions and experienced advice and support from leading entrepreneurs and innovators.
It will give you the tools, contacts and confidence to transform your idea into a successful business venture.
Ignition Perth will run from Sunday 25 to Friday 30 August 2019, and for the first time, Curtin Ignition will be held in Singapore from 21-23 August 2019.
For the first time, Curtin Ignition will be held in Singapore from 21 - 23 August 2019.
During Ignition Singapore you will learn from and be mentored by global experts. Joining us for the 2019 Ignition Singapore program are two globally recognised start-up gurus: venture capitalist and entrepreneur Bill Tai, and former Facebook director and CEO of Oblate Optics, Paul Herz.
Who is it for?
The Program is aimed at founders of an early stage business and anyone with an idea for a new or improved product or service. You must have a passion for developing your idea into a real business proposition over the course of the program. Any industry or background is applicable.
You might be:
- Thinking of starting a novel business;
- Currently employed or at home and looking to propel your idea;
- Student, graduate or academic considering your own venture;
- Owner, founder or senior manager of an existing business considering diversification of products and markets, or a new venture.
What will you learn?
By the end of the program, you will have a business plan presentation and a clear way forward for your business idea.
You will also have:
- Learned how to explain your business opportunity in commercial terms;
- Learned a commercial approach in the development of innovative ideas;
- Learned how to identify good opportunities in a short period with minimal investment;
- Clarified your business idea, and tested it within a high calibre and safe environment;
What will you gain?
You will gain the inspiration, motivation and the tools required to commercialise your idea/innovation.
You will also:
- Develop key skills, to allow you to exploit new ideas in response to customer needs more effectively;
- Make a significant network of contacts within the business community, the investor network and your peers on the program;
- Increase your enthusiasm for your innovation, and gain the confidence to plan your next steps.
“Ignition really was the turning point in my business. The networks that I managed to create and the confidence that the course gave me to steer my business in the right direction was invaluable!
Within 3 months I’ve successfully raised investment from 2 sets of angel investors. There is no way I would have been prepared to pitch and demonstrate the potential of my business to the investors had I not attended the Ignition program!”
Marc Berryman – Rhinohide™, Ignition 2015
How to succeed as an entrepreneur
Just completed Ignition – possibly the best week I’ve spent on my business, ever. Not only was the content extraordinary and the quality of the professionals involved absolutely outstanding, the whole week was a masterclass in how to coordinate a learning experience for maximum impact. Well done Team Curtin!
Lacey Filipich - Founder and Director, Money School, Ignition alumni 2018
Please attend an information session to find out more, or if you’re ready to apply, visit the Ignition Perth page to submit your application.
Please visit the Ignition Singapore page for more information about the Singapore program and to submit your application.
If you would like further information about the Ignition program, fill out the form below to go on our mailing list for updates. If you would like to find out more information in person, consider attending one of our information sessions in Perth.
Personal information collected is handled in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. Further information on privacy at Curtin University is available on the Curtin University privacy web page.